The Daily Sip
Health Nut: Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
You'll love how tasty these cookies are, but you'll love how healthy they are even more. Made with oats, heart-healthy pecans, and just a touch of brown sugar, these sweet treats are packed with flavor and hardly any calories.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons room-temperature butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Measure and add the butter, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and banana to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to create a smooth batter.
- Measure and add the baking soda, baking powder, oats, and pecans. Stir with a spoon until incorporated and then add the flours, giving another good stir.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a parchment-lined sheet tray and then pop into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before eating.
Makes 18 to 20 small cookies