The Daily Sip
Healthy and Hearty Wrap Sandwich
Give your lunch a makeover with this twist on a turkey wrap. Incorporating fruits and veggies that are in season this time of year keeps this midday meal healthy and fresh. And this easy-to-make sandwich can be wrapped in the morning, remaining nice and crisp until you're ready to eat. Using grainy mustard instead of mayonnaise keeps calories low, and the combination of crumbled feta cheese, tart cranberries, and sweet pear makes this Winter lunch seriously tasty.
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat tortilla
- 1/4 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 3 slices roast turkey
- 1/4 pear, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried cranberries
- Place the arugula in a bowl and toss with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Spread one whole-wheat tortilla with the mustard, then top with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Lay roast turkey on top of cheese- and mustard-topped tortilla; top with slices of pear.
- Cover pear with arugula, sprinkle with dried cranberries, and roll tightly. Secure wrap with a toothpick and slice into two.
Any variations you might want to try?