Cut the calories when you're craving something sweet by making a quick and healthy baked apple. Stuffed with fiber-packed oats, and a hint of brown sugar and cinnamon, this Winter treat is perfect for enjoying after a long day or for finishing a cozy dinner party.
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons water
- Dash cinnamon
- Core the apple, removing a little extra of the apple, creating a space for filling with the oats. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the oats, brown sugar, honey, water, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Place the apple on a sheet of aluminum foil and then use a spoon to stuff with the oat mixture, pressing the oats into the apple.
- Wrap the apple with the aluminum foil and place in the hot oven for 30 minutes. Serve with a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt.
Makes one baked apple