The Daily Sip
How to Add a Pop of Red to Your Style
Valentine’s Day is almost here. How will you celebrate? Besides the romantic dinner and flowers, here are some ways to celebrate by incorporating Valentine’s Day red into your outfit:
- Pair a bright red accessory with neutrals. We’re loving the combination of a red scarf, heels, or handbag paired with an outfit of neutral tones. It gives the right amount of color pop without overwhelming the outfit.
- Redefine the classic red lip. Matte red lips are in! Bring red into the workplace by adding a small dab of concealer to the lips before the red lipstick so that the hue becomes a bit more subtle - ideal for daytime.
- Wear a red pant. Bright and colorful pants are hot, hot, hot, as seen on the runways for Spring 2013. A sophisticated way to give this trend a try is to pair red pants with a men’s inspired white blouse, a dark blazer and gold jewelry.
- For hair, think red. Headwraps and headbands are great when you want to slip something on and make a statement.
- The right red dress. For a romantic dinner or a fun girls night out, a solid red dress is a great way to go. Don’t have one? Try a floral dress with red accents, or a little black dress with red nails or pumps.