If you're having a Valentine's Day party this year, send your guests home with something sweet. That way they'll continue to think of you long after the party is over!
Valentine's Day Heart Shaped Cookies with Chocolate, Pecan and Toffee Topping
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Whisk together the flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixture until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, until well combined. Form dough into a ball, and flatten into a disc. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on a well-floured surface to about ¼ ". Cut hearts and transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 13 mins. If cookie start to turn golden brown, they are overdone!
- ½ cup of chopped Pecans
- ½ cup of toffee bits
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil