The Daily Sip
Make Your Lipstick Last Longer
Love colorful lips but hate it when your color fades halfway through the day? We’ve got an easy way to keep your lipstick from falling flat.
- The most important thing you need for lasting lip color are smooth, exfoliated lips. Apply lip balm or petroleum jelly and let it sit while you do the rest of your makeup. This creates a smooth canvas for your lip color.
- Remove any excess lip balm and use a lip liner that is the same shade as your natural lip color to create a base. Outline your lips and then lightly fill in the rest.
- Next, apply your favorite matte or long-wear lipstick. Tip: Choose a good quality lipstick that’s high in pigments so you don’t have to over-saturate your lips.
- Separate out a layer of tissue paper and lay it over your lips. With a large powder brush, gently pat loose powder on the tissue. With this, you’ll eliminate any excess oil from the lipstick.
- Lastly, apply a lip-gloss to seal in color. Try one of the new long-wear lip-glosses, available at most drug stores.
And that’s it! An easy way to soft, beautiful lip color that lasts.