Instead of opening a jar of tomato sauce to top your pasta tonight, blend together a quick and easy roasted red pepper pesto that will elevate any pasta dinner. You'll be amazed at how simple this sauce comes together. Just a few quick chops, a spin in the blender, and it's time for dinner!
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1 19-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & pepper
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil and add your favorite pasta.
- While the pasta is simmering, drain the roasted red peppers and add to a blender.
- Rough chop the garlic and also add to the blender.
- Now add the basil leaves, almonds, grated Parmesan, olive oil, and water, blending until the sauce comes together.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain in a strainer. Add the sauce to the stockpot, bringing it to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta back to the stockpot and toss to coat. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and basil leaves, serve with garlic bread, and dinner is ready!