When the munchies hit, make your own healthy and easy oven-baked sweet potato chips that are lightly seasoned with flavorful sea salt. Delightfully crisp, these chips will have you wondering why you ever bought them from the store. And you can personalize the chips by adding your favorite seasonings, like a dash of cayenne pepper, cinnamon, fresh ground pepper or Italian seasoning.
1 medium sweet potato; 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil; 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and wash and dry the sweet potato.
- Cut the sweet potato as thin as possible, around 1/8-inch thick, or use a mandolin or food processor's slicing blade to create rounds.
- Place the cut sweet potato in a medium bowl and toss with the vegetable oil and sea salt. Arrange on a baking pan without overlapping rounds. Use an additional pan if needed.
- Pop the rounds in the hot oven, bake for seven minutes, and remove from the oven and flip. Continue baking until the chips are evenly browned, around three to five additional minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle with sea salt or seasonings, and let cool until the sweet potato chips are nice and crisp.