You’ve been waiting for this weekend getaway, so don’t get weighed down by unnecessary baggage. Follow these five packing tips to avoid lugging heavy luggage.
- Make a list. Write down what you really need versus what you want to bring. Pack the needs before the wants to make sure you have room for any extras.
- Make it mini and purchase smaller versions of your beauty essentials. You’ll especially want to do this if you’re flying; throwing out the good stuff at the gate would not be a good start to the trip!
- Don’t get “carry-ed” away! Invest in a bag with rollers to avoid shoulder aches from carrying a large bag.
- Shoes can take up a lot of space so evaluate which pairs you really need; try to keep it basic with one pair that’s dressy and one that’s casual.
- Don’t bring duplicates. If you’re staying at a hotel, essentials like a blow dryer, lotion, and shampoo are provided. If those items are on your needs list, that’s OK; just remember it’s only for a weekend that you’re cheating on your shampoo!