For a sweet and savory twist on Teriyaki Chicken, just add Diet Pepsi in the mix! Here's what you’ll need:
- 4 pieces chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 inch thick ginger, grated
- 1 cup of Diet Pepsi
- Light soy sauce to taste
- White pepper
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, toasted
- Peel ginger and garlic. Grate them onto a bowl and set aside.
- Dice the chicken thighs.
- Heat a stir fry pan on medium flame, and dry toast 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds until lightly brown ed. Remove from pan on a flat plate to cool.
- Add grated ginger, garlic and sesame oil over medium flame until it sizzles.
- Add chicken and white pepper. Stir to combine the chicken with the ginger-garlic mixture. Brown the chicken over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken and add 1 cup of Diet Pepsi. Allow the mixture to cook on high heat until thickens (above half the original amount).
- Add chicken and season with soy sauce to taste. Over low heat, simmer the chicken until the sauce thickens a little more.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds just before serving. Best eaten with steamed rice.
Photo Credit: fussfreecooking.com