Sure, rooting for your favorite team during the big game is great, but who doesn’t love a little pre-football fun? Make your next tailgate party a winning event with a few easy planning tips:
- Prep the night before – Plan on foods that are easy to prep the night before, like burgers, kebabs and chili.
- Label your coolers – Make sure raw meat is packed and stored in a separate cooler from beverages and other snacks. Label coolers to make it easy for guests to find what they’re looking for!
- Condiment carry-all – Load up an empty cardboard 6-pack container with your favorite condiments. If there’s extra room, throw in some utensils!
- Keep it cool – Freeze water bottles and use them as cooler ice packs – when they melt, they become cold water to drink! Check out buzzfeed for more tips on how to pack a cooler.
- Eat on time – While there isn’t a right time to dine, eating 1-2 hours before the game leaves plenty of time to play games and clean up before opening kickoff.
And don’t forget the games!
Have a tailgating tip? Share it below!