Carlton's rising star Troy Menzel is confident he will remain with the Blues as contract negotiations continue.
''We’re going to get something done in coming weeks. I'll definitely stay,'' he said on Tuesday.
Menzel refused to comment on whether he thought his contract renewal had taken too long, saying he didn’t consider it a priority.
''My priority has always been my footy and my progression coming into this year,'' he said. "I just really want to play some consistent footy throughout this year, and that’s what I’ve been able to do.''
Menzel, 19, received the Rising Star nomination after the Blues smashed St Kilda by 85 points on Sunday. The small forward scored two goals and a career-high eight marks.
He said having the pre-season to prepare and get his fitness at the right level had been crucial to his form and confidence.
''It’s a tremendous honour to be nominated for Rising Star. I’ve been working on my game defensively and offensively so it’s definitely good to get an individual reward.
''I guess I probably have exceeded my expectations this year.''
Menzel is leading Carlton's goalkicking this season, with 22.
With Eddie Betts at Adelaide and Jeff Garlett being dropped several times this year after losing form and favour, many consider Menzel Carlton's key small forward.
Having only made his debut in round eight last year, Menzel said he didn’t feel an overly great sense of responsibility just yet.
''Young guys like Blaine Johnson and David Ellard are really stepping up this year ... it takes a bit of the pressure off.''
Despite his consistent form, a move to the midfield has been mooted. ''I played there in a lot of my junior footy. I’m really striving to get my fitness to where it needs to be to play some midfield AFL footy.''